Bus trips in 2022
2022 Bus trip to Creekside Winery & apple picking
We'll be touring one of the Niagara region's most interesting wineries, Creekside Estate, where we'll enjoy a tour of the vineyard and wine-making facilities in this historic farm setting.
We've arranged for a BBQ lunch and a glass of wine on Creekside's covered deck, with a view out over the vineyard, and then we'll whisk you off to Stoney Creek's picturesque Luna Farms Orchard for some apple picking at this socially responsible farm! Or, if apple picking isn't your thing, enjoy a little shopping at Luna Farms farm-to-table gift shop!
- Date: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Location: The bus leaves at 9:00am SHARP and returns to Toronto at approximately 7pm. See full itinerary below.
- Time: 9:00am SHARP!
- Return: Approximately 7:00pm
- Cost (roundtrip): Registered CCB members, $30; non-members, $40
Itinerary, pick-up and drop-off points
For those booking WheelTrans rides, please understand that this itinerary is approximate and may be affected by rush hour traffic. Please allow generous margins of error to ensure that you arrive before departure times, and that your pick up is scheduled for well after the indicated drop off times.
- First pick up: the CNIB Centre, 1929 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, M4G 3E8. 8:30AM: bus loads. 9:00AM SHARP, bus departs from CNIB.
- Second pick up: Cloverdale Mall. 250 The East Mall Toronto, ON M9B 3Y8. 9:45AM, Bus arrives and loads. 10:00AM, Bus departs from Cloverdale Mall.
- 11:15AM, arrive Creekside winery, Jordan Station, Ontario. Tour of the winery.
- 12:15PM, lunch on Creekside's covered patio,
- 1:45PM, bus loads.
- 2:00PM, Bus departs for Stoney Creek.
- 2:30PM, arrive at Luna Farms Orchard, Stoney Creek, Ontario. Orientation and apple picking.
- 4:00PM, bus loads.
- 4:15PM, Bus departs for Toronto.
- First drop off: Approximately 5:30PM, arrive at Cloverdale Mall. 5:45PM, Bus departs for CNIB.
- Second drop off: Approximately 6:45PM, arrive at CNIB Centre for final drop off.
Volunteer sighted guides
We will arrange for three sighted guides to accompany us on our trip. These guides are to provide general help for those who need it. We cannot provide one-on-one guiding support. You are encouraged to invite friends and family to join us.
In order to make sure you have a seat on the bus, your ticket must be pre-paid.
Reservations will be on a "first come, first served" basis, and must be accompanied by payment in full.
There are no refunds for cancellation less than 10 days prior to departure.
How to book your seat
All reservations by mail must be received before Friday September 23, 2022.
- Credit card: Go to the Support our vision page and use your credit card to 'donate' the purchase price of your ticket(s) using the PayPal button. Make sure to add a note in the 'Instructions to Seller' field that your donation is for a Bus Trip ticket purchase, and include the full names of all those in your party.
- E-transfer: Send an e-bank transfer to email@example.com. Make sure to add a note identifying the funds as a Bus trip ticket purchase, and include the names of all those in your party.
- Cheque: Mail a cheque, made payable to the CCB Toronto Visionaries, care of:
CCB Toronto Visionaries Chapter
Canadian Council of the Blind
85 Evans Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6S 3V9
- Cash: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 437-882-4323 to arrange a cash purchase.
We will be following all public health measures in place at the time of the trip. Much of our trip will be in open-air settings, including lunch on the deck at Creekside. The highway coach will undergo a disinfecting fog cleansing the evening prior to its arrival at our first pick up point on Friday morning.
We will require masks to be worn at all times while on the bus. In all other areas, masks are encouraged but not required. Hand sanitizer will be available each time we board the bus.
Note: we cannot guarantee a COVID-free environment on this trip. Each participant is responsible for making their own assessment of whether they feel comfortable coming on the trip based on the protocols described.
What's included and what's not
Round-trip bus travel is included. The bus is a conventional highway passenger coach, with several steps up into the cabin, and a small convenience washroom on board. Folding walkers can be accommodated in the luggage compartments beneath the cabin. The bus is air-conditioned.
Lunch at Creekside has been arranged through their on-site caterer, and is included in the cost of the trip. The lunch will consist of your choice of:
- 6oz Deck burger, salad and fries, or
- Flame-grilled chicken salad sandwich, salad and fries, or
- Roasted cauliflower wedge (vegan), or
- Cobb at Creek, a hearty Cobb salad (vegetarian)
All lunches include a complimentary 6oz glass of Creekside wine. All taxes and a 17% gratuity have been included and are covered as part of the trip cost.
Dietary restrictions can be accommodated, but you must inform us of any dietary restrictions no later then Wednesday, September 21, so that we can inform the catering team.
Please note: Wine tastings are NOT included in the tour and are available on an individual basis.
Creekside is a 'dog friendly' establishment and welcomes service animals. However, in the interest of the safety of those who work with guide dogs, we ask that family pets remain at home.
The tour of the vineyard and wine-making facility, and admission to the apple orchard are included in the cost of the trip. This may include walking over some uneven ground through grass, out into the vineyard. Please wear appropriate footwear. There may also be some stairs to negotiate as part of the tour. As well, the ground at the Luna Farms Orchard may be grassy, muddy or uneven, and will involve walking through an orchard. This trip goes rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
Emergency contacts and more informatin
All participants will be required to provide emergency contact information to the CCB organizers prior to departure.
For more information, call the Voice Mail Line or drop us an email. Seating on the bus is limited, so book your place today!