White Cane Week activities
In February each year, the CCB celebrates White Cane Week, a public awareness campaign which broadens the understanding of vision loss and its impact on Canadians across the country. Visit the CCB national website for a list of events, information forums, and celebrations across the country.
2018 WCW Experience Expo
As part of White Cane Week public awareness and outreach, the CCB Toronto Visionaries Chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind, with the generous support of Accessible Media Incorporated (AMI), will host an interactive, hands-on exhibition featuring exhibitors, products and services covering every aspect of the experience of living with vision loss.
From new adaptive technologies to exploring recreation and leisure activities, from expressing yourself through tactile art to navigating with your cell phone, the Experience Expo has something for everyone to see, hear, touch, and experience! And, since many of the exhibits will be staffed by people living with vision loss, visitors can learn directly from those who are bringing their lived experience to the table.
Celebrate with us!
Because one of the experiences of living with vision loss is celebrating our achievements, the Experience Expo will be followed by a community social, a chance for everyone to enjoy some great food, fantastic music, a cash bar and door prizes!
So join us and experience the passion, creativity and wide range of activities, tools and tips for all your senses!
- Experience Expo: Saturday, February 3, 2018, from 10am to 4pm
- Community Social: from 4pm to 8pm
- Location: Miles Nadal JCC, 750 Spadina Avenue, Toronto
- Admission to both the Experience Expo and the Community Social is free!
Please RSVP for the Social by calling the Voice Mail Line at 416-760-2163 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us for more information or to register as an exhibitor.
This year, White Cane Week is celebrated February 4-10, 2018.
You can see footage from last year's event, on AMI's website AMI Inside: CCB Conference - WCW Rec & Leisure (season 3, episode 13, March 10, 2017).
Our exhibitorsHere is a list of just some of our exhibitors:
- Accessible Media Inc.
- Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians
- Balance for Blind Adults
- Bell Mobility Inc.
- Blind Sailing Association of Canada
- Braille Literacy Canada
- Canadian Council of the Blind, CCB Toronto Visionaries Chapter
- Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work (CCRW)
- CCB Dragon Boat Toronto / Rusty Dragons Adventures
- Centre for equitable Library Access/Toronto Public Library
- CNIB Foundation - GTA
- Frontier Computing
- Foundation Fighting Blindness
- Get Together with Technology/Accessible Gaming
- Hands of Fire Sculpture Group
- Humanware Technologies
- Job Opportunity Information Network (JOIN) Ontario
- Dr Ana M. Juricic - Low Vision Optometrist
- Med-Fit Rehab Inc.
- Micro-Computer Science Centre Inc.
- OCADU Vision Technology Services
- Ontario Blind Sports Association
- Ontario Visually Impaired Golfers
- PAL Reading Services
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Tactile-Vision Graphics
- Toronto Ice Owls Blind Hockey Club
- Toronto Ski Hawks Ski Club
- Trailblazers Tandem Cycling
- Vision Aids Inc.
- Vision Loss Rehab Ontario (CNIB)
- W. Ross MacDonald School
- World Blind Union
We look forward to meeting you!